

## **EXECUTIVE MEETING**

**Date:** 22/05/23

**Time Opened:** 4:02

**Attending:** Kat, Grace, Ben, Phi, Charlotte

**Apologies:** Kai

**Minutes:**

**Time Closed:** 5:23

### **AGENDA ITEMS**

1. Acknowledgement of country
2. Administration
  - a. Accepting the previous meeting's minutes
    - i. Private
    - ii. For publication
  - b. Declaration of conflicts of interest
  - c. Executive decisions since the last executive meeting
  - d. Declaration of confidential agenda items
3. Portfolio reports
4. ANU Committees
5. WHS/EAP reminder
6. Matters for discussion
7. Matters for decision

### **MINUTES**

#### **Acknowledgement of country**

Charlotte gave an acknowledgement of country.

## **Administration**

### **Accepting the previous meeting's minutes**

No dissent

### **Declaration of conflicts of interest**

### **Executive decisions since the last executive meeting**

### **Declaration of confidential agenda items**

## **Portfolio reports**

### **Ben**

- Hiring
- Council stuff last week
- SUAW meeting at Drill Hall

BY: hiring, lots happening – high quality pool of applicants.

### **Grace**

- Night Café stuff
- Fixing up BKSS stuff
- BKSS food safety audit this week
- Will work on HDR SASH stuff this week

GK: some stuff Ben's said, been doing work on the Night Café, furthering it along. Looking at getting a person to pay – a consultant – to fix the review to their standards so it's good to go.

BT: the site itself?

GK: the plan – but we also will for the cite etc. Doing a bit of manual labour with the BKSS, reorganising, fixing up – stuff staff can't do while it's open. Also doing things for our annual food safety audit. Said last week that I'd do HDR SASH stuff, will do this week

BT: what was that

GK: mapping exercise on HDR students and their responses to SASH responses, are they student or staff member, good to show we are engaging in PG specific issues

BT: is that the largest demo of SASH on campus

GK: I believe so. Talking to other people. Need to have comms and think about our work in specific areas that will be new and different to us.

### **Kat**

- Budget
- Department Mid-year financial review
- Leave + WFH from next week
- Financial policies
- Night Café
- Sem1 Honoraria

KH: SGM budget – need to explain to exec because the budget is making a deficit at the moment but I'm not worried because we're getting the cap pool and another round, it's only 100k roughly. Every line item was discussed with relevance. If you have questions or concerns about budget LMK

Started to send out department mid-year financial review. Due July 1 – wanted to give dept officers more notice because

Will be on leave this week, going back to Korea this Saturday

Term deposit – got approval for term deposit, govt bonds rate is not that good compared to term deposit. In the case we do it, I'll do some amount for 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year – Liana and I concludes

Reading all updated financial policies as we discussed, thinking of how to change it

Night Café - quotes

Sem 1 honoraria is almost done – one person hasn't sent details to me

KH: back on the 11<sup>th</sup> of July

### **Phi**

- Half a week of leave last week
- Most of my work was minutes and prepping for SGM
- Advice on motions, esp with DSA and labor left
- GERWG

PO: election motions have been taking up a lot of my time. Lots of SGM prep. Going to take more leave during exam period. Also been reached out to by a few departments looking to make constitutional changes

GK: HAC – Peter Dutton signs around campus?

PO: I'm stepping back from HAC for a second, really burnt out. There's a big property developer day at Parliament and Nick's organised this stunt. I've trusted them to organise it, TBD. They're asking for banner painting supplies. I'm looking for ways to minimise and only support the group. Mickey mentioned combining the protest in bush week with others. I just don't want it to be a SAlt project, was just an issue of bad timing with Kai stepping back.

GK: I'm happy to help.

BT: The part of the constitution for EdComm is so random and lobbying, can we change?

PO: In big round of postgrad changes, I gave ANUSA power to make committees without adding the constitution. Constitution will just say we have to have committees. We can work on it further. If we feel it needs a higher level of accountability we can add it to the regulations.

BT: democratically, it's not great. If people do sleep on the idea of EWAG being a thing. The same people go to both but there can be more core working groups, multiple officers. When you split everyone up, they won't go to everything. Post exam chat.

## Bea

- Students support staff industrial action – ANU (EAG Working Group)
  - o NTEU Meeting today for supporters of staff, about phone-banking future industrial support
  - o At WG today people agreed that there should be a staff WG for producing regular content for that page and ensuring the responsibility for that is shared across the collective
  - o A staff WG meeting will happen soon so the break continues to have content posted
- No cuts WG
  - o Keen for bushweek action along with housing and anti militarisation under the banner of No corporatised Uni's
- Anti-Nuclear WG
  - o Stalling over the next few weeks for the petition to get the word out so it's not a foreign concept during bushweek
  - o Potential future actions in the works
- DepEd's
  - o Planning a Dep's day for bushweek prep
  - o Meeting up one on one with each Dep Ed to hear how they're going after I was away for those weeks and to hear their ideas for the collective

BT: Everything I wrote here I'll say. NTEU meeting – mostly phone-banking, future stuff was just vibes. No cuts WG, people wanted a staff working group too. Not responsibility of one person! Suggested it's pretty soon – not everyone can make it, but better for there to be some content at

the start and then nothing until BW. From there also suggested maybe we should put forward another thing like the forum we did – week 2 – don't want it to clash with Aug 1<sup>st</sup>. BW action alongside HAC and anti-AUKUS WGs has been floated. Anti-Nuclear – tomorrow, if people saw, there will be a content making session for anti-nuclear stuff. 12 tomorrow. Thinking about getting people keen again for DepEds – good organising while I was away. Things I also didn't mention was that on the Radio Sarah did an interview for ABC Canberra, debriefed and she had a good time. Really cool that someone who wasn't an exec member did it and killed it!

GK: have you seen the changes to the ANU website regarding nuclear physics

BT: only from CRC

GK: it's all over the ANU website to come to anu for nuclear physics in the past few days. Worth flagging

BT: makes sense, starting the major. Also aside from this there will potentially be a community action, for world hiroshima day – August 6 – can lead in from the BW action. Wild three weeks!

**Kai**

**Charlotte**

- Night markets
- Bush week apps

CC: took a bit of leave last week, night markets consumed my week – it slayed! bussin! Shoutout to Ben Yates who helped a lot. Overwhelmingly positive feedback. Lots of people came. Wasn't too much work to do – a week of work, I did a lot of it but relied on committee members for setup/pack down. Would like to do again – events like this are great. Good for club visibility.

BW apps are closed.

### **ANU Committees**

Recording of Teaching Activities

Graduation Working Group

### **WHS/EAP reminder**

Office tidiness

BY: office is in a state – keep it clean in your areas. Could we take some cardboard into the storeroom – tends to fall out. Bush week coordinator desk. Main priority area is tripping hazards around printer area.

ACTION: Charlotte deliver drinks

BT: if we need specific paper is it fine to ask for that in officeworks order

BY: yes

Soundproofing

GK: eleanor said it's gonna happen soon!

BY: going to put bats of foam in the roof which will do most of the work towards soundproofing! Seem pretty confident. Will happen in a matter of weeks. In prez office, consult room, board room – soundproofing between these rooms and outside – can add panes of glass. Are going to fix it and first stage is happening!

BT: which money

BY: it's out of F&S. Sink for the parents room is happening! Going to upgrade our duress button system in consult rooms – will be awesome. If you hear a squealing noise in box next to admin- and SAT or legal are in their rooms, go check on them. It's very loud. If it's accidental alert ring ANU security and tell them. If you need it, it's for if personal safety is at risk. It calls ANU security.

Stairs #drama #wot

GK: drama! BKSS staff member ocked up to work – stairs being power washed – somehow student central was flooded because stairs weren't sealed. Have closed it. Why is the building made so that when you wash stairs it floods student central! Hopefully can use them soon.

Chargers! Also stationary

GK: please return them because we're struggling. Stationary and stuff – if you're taking things please put them back because otherwise the staff don't know where they are and don't want to tell you to get it back – please do.

Equipment Hire/Use

GK: make sure that you don't just put something in an hour before because we're having issues with people randomly taking tables that are already hired out. Need as much notice as possible, then we don't know where things are.

BT: are megaphones included

GK: no, things like marquees

### **Matters for discussion**

Buddies

GK: remember they exist – talk to your buddy

KH: have a question - I have two buddies who are gone – is punit my new buddy

Action item: Ben and Phi to deal with vacancy

BY: oops.

GK: remember they exist!

Media opps

BY: I've gotten contact from ABC canberra to an interview on cost of living crisis – tomorrow or wednesday

PO: I can do tomorrow or wednesday

Sub-pages/Groups

BY: kate is stressed about anusa sub pages. Two things – one is that she's right we should avoid proliferation of pages – people can just use ANUSA page, need to make people understand better how to get things onto ANUSA page cuz it's not hard. I guess the other one she asked for if she can be an admin on all pages and groups – we don't have access to ANU Clubs page because someone left, reasonable request. Exception I'll make department. Will send out

**Matters for decision**